Welcome back to 2023/24. A big hello to new members of the MySchool community, and new members of the CSM team. We will be reaching out very soon to keep up to date on your projects and plans for 23/24, and also introduce some new modules and projects which are nearing completion and due for general release.
Possible to translate certain system labels
After feedback from the community, we have the availability to change certain labels within system pages. Want US English spelling? Want to change discipline to behaviour? Then let us know and we will see what can be changed for you. There are still limitations and not all areas can be modified. We hope in the future to be able to offer multiple language support for your systems. Contact your CSM team to discuss further.
Restricted field mapping in subject specifications
Each assessment type within subject specifications has a specific and unique field assigned to it on creation. This is a reference field for your assessment data. We always advise users not to change these manually, especially if you have started contributing to your assessments, or after. To ensure data security, we have installed a pop-up advising users that the field label is already in use within the assessment period. If you see this pop up then assign a higher-valued field within the configuration panel of the assessment.
Improved course enrolment date alignment
When setting your academic year for the rollover, we advise you not to set up enrolment before this date is confirmed. It is applied to all classes and all courses created in the new year. If the academic year dates change after students have been enrolled in the class, this will contract or expand all student class dates, who were enrolled to the original date settings. It will not affect students who were manually changed for late starters or withdrawals.
The year dates also apply to course duration dates. These are shown on the main info tab of the course view. You update these individually, and the pop-up will ask you if you want to change the enrolment dates of the students as well.
|Staff users can access our knowledge base by clicking on the ? in the quick action toolbar. The suggested articles are in relation to the URL of the page you viewing. From here you can access our support desk if you have a valid account and we have also added the AHA ideas board as a shortcut. The ideas board is used by our product team to plan future enhancements, and it is of vital importance to delivering a great MySchool experience. Although sometimes, we appreciate that we cannot always provide or the idea has to be pushed back a little, it is still really important to get your ideas.|
Continuous average available in Subject specifications
We have added some new settings to the assessment types used in subject specifications to accommodate the continuous assessment total score used in the assignment grade grid. For information on how to enable the module, check out this article.
- Added the possibility to pull the achievement scale grade assigned in the Continuous average grade view within assignments to the asses grid. These entries are controlled by the grade entered on the assignment view. They cannot be altered in the assessment grid.
- The continuous average is the numerical score in the CA AVG column on the assignment grade grid. It is calculated based on the formula found in this article. It can be pulled now into subject specs as either a read-only value or with an override. Note that this score will change throughout the year, and the assess grid will update accordingly. Make sure you publish your grade reports before entering a new score in this panel.
If you you wish to try this new system then let our support team know and they can guide you through the setup and help you understand how to build your subject specifications.
System updates, improvements and fixes;
- System - The announcement people picker was improved to include programmes from the programme builder.
- Project (MT) - Updated export to reduce load when exporting data for a custom report.
- Project (EU) - Pushed translations for Junior leaving certificates to all AES schools.
- Project (EU) - Updated expired SSL certificate.
- School - Rectified the problem with the new change password screen which was causing problems for one school.
- School (BC) - Explained the difference between PSR and ES audit calculation.
- Project (EU) - Fixed problems with the rollover tool not assigning correct courses for promotion.
- School - Solved a problem with Google Sync being blocked.
- System - Improved load when downloading class grade reports from the bulk overview. Solved system error.
- Project (EU) - Solved issue when opening new registrations via programme builder, due to configuration errors.
- System - Updates to people who encountered problems within the programme builder module.
- School - Error occurs with pay simple integration UI
- project (EU) - Errors appeared in MDM API causing duplicate profiles to be created. This was resolved.
- Project (MT) - Replacement tag incorrectly created, this was rectified.
- System - Errors encountered with ASC import, and users were unable to map entities to existing fields.
- Project (MT) - Users were unable to view or edit profiles that were transferred to their schools. This was fixed.
- School - Updated metadata for Google SSO
- System - Removed year restriction for events/appointments to show in the user's My Schedule. Previously this was restricted to the academic year settings.
- System - Updated the resolution on the Enquiry page to adapt to mobile screen resolutions.
- Project (MT) - Programme builder applicants were encountering problems when paying for a second programme.
- System - Unable to delete unused medical event types. This is now possible, but only if the type has never been assigned to a student (current/archived).
- Project (MT) - Changes in )365 API caused the system to stop functioning. The API was updated internally to resolve.
- Schools (BC) - ES audit was causing time-out issues due to load. This was refined and rectified to be able to produce the report.
- Project (MT) - Unable to view students from the class view tab due to bad data. This was resolved.
- System - UI improvements were made to /apply and programme/apply in terms of logo positioning and list padding.
- System - Updated event calendar view which reverted to week view when changes were made in month view. This will now stay on month view when event types are deselected.
- Project (MT) - Changes made to the engagements module, so that approval requests would be year-specific and not load all historic requests. Users can time travel to view historic requests.
- System - Resolved an issue whereby new IEP types could not be deleted even when they were not applied to the IEP configuration.
- System - Resolved an issue which caused saved files to disappear when two profiles were merged using a support script.
- System - Worked on issues for the communications log. Missing items were included, pagination was implemented and ordering is now consistent to date.
- School - The copy course script did not include the course description. This was changed so that the description was copied as well.
- Project (MT) - Problem with the programme builder list view that did not show modules when selected. This was resolved.
- School - Problem with finance V2 payment statuses that were not updating correctly. It was fixed to sync more efficiently when payment was made.
- Project (MT) - Fixed issue when booking a room using programme builder.
- System - The mass edit page can now set users as donors in bulk.
- System - Users cannot delete IEPs outside of the academic year and must time travel to delete IEPs.
- System - Changes made to the message template sent as an invitation to new users. Pushed across all systems.
- Schools (BC) - Updates were made to PSR attendance records that were pulled automatically to the K-7 list range.
- System - A phone number type is mandatory, if this is not set and a phone number is detected a pop-up will inform users to set a type.
- Schools (BC) - Updated PSR layout to accommodate large data. Further improvements are planned.
- Project (MT) Approval requests were not showing following the previous update. This issue was resolved.
- System - Following changes made to the Account edit page. The option to opt-out from non-essential mail was added to the new header My Account details. It is still available within the user's inbox as well.
- System - Behaviour configuration now allows for subcategorisation of types.
- Project (EU) - Updated S1-S6 report card to adapt to multiple pages if course count exceeded 12.
- Project (MT) updated holidays across multi school system for 23/24.
- System - Bulk update for courses was not processing periods or days as expected. This was resolved.
- System - The problem with truncated text boxes in the new IEP module was fixed by allowing larger texts.
- Project (EU) - Added improvements to the transfer tool to accommodate IE students in the central system and also added user warnings when errors occur.
- Project (MT) - Modules not saving correctly in the programme builder due to subsequent changes.
- System - Further improvements to communications log pagination.
- Project (MT) - Improvement made to programme builder so that attachments could be added to bulk emails sent through programme builder.
- System - Fixed an error with read-only questionnaire sections when selecting emergency contacts. This was causing the contact to be deleted from the student profile.
- Project (MT) - Custom certificates were not showing the correct modules. This was repaired.
- System - Added the mandatory marker to the assessment type 'select' in subject specifications.
- System - Multiple updates and security improvements to the people picker in announcements notably.
- System - Reworked the invoice list view to into account the full invoice number and not the first integer.
- System - Improved the announcement template screen to adapt to full-screen resolution.
- School - Restored emergency contact and pick-up settings as they were affected by a problem in the questionnaire module.
- School - IEP alerts were not showing on student profiles as customised icons were in place. This was rectified to show when a new IEP was flagged.
- System - Problems encountered on the take attendance slideover which did not show periods. Repaired this issue across the system.
- Project (EU) - Updated an issue where the people picker in announcements was incorrectly selecting staff from outside of the user's security settings.
- School - Updated logo on transcript so that it pulled from system logo instead of central logo.
- System - Improved the class timetable cell view.
- System - Changed icon colour to green for IEPS on the new LMS module pages.
- School - A corrupt profile was causing a system error. This was fixed.
- System - Fixed learning import tool which was not allowing for import per class level.
- Project (MT) - Split the fees for over 60-year-old users into two types.
- System - Entered a delete protocol to stop users from deleting IEPs. They must reconfirm the action by typing delete into the pop up to confirm.
- Project (MT) - Updated access arrangements in DQSE as requested.
- School - Updated custom legacy transcript.
- System - Merged two roles which were inadvertently duplicated and used for the same purpose.
- School - Resolved a problem where a student was enrolled in the same course twice.
- System - Changed the ordering of LOs in the continuous assessment slide over to respect their order in subject specifications.
- System - Changed custom headers to include longer URL strings to allow schools to have a redirect on MySchool to an external source.
- System - Further updates to IEP UI to improve user experience.
- Project (MT) - Updated CDR change request labels and behaviour to avoid user error when selecting staff/guardian transfers.
- Project (MT) - Updated behaviour for custom O365 integration to update student list on refresh according to programme type selected.
- System - Fixed a bug in the course diary when images were uploaded and duplicated across courses. It is now possible to upload an image in the course description field that can be shared with students and guardians.
- System - Errors occurred when multiple files were uploaded to a user's file tab. The comments and types would be wrongly ordered. This was repaired and works as expected.
- System - A bug was found in the questionnaire when the PDF copy was saved to the profiles. It produced a blank copy and a script was made to repair this.
- System - Passwords could not be validated with a + sign. This was repaired. Users can now use + in their passwords for MySchool login.