We understand that the changing environment of your school's needs can be intense. Here are a few guidelines on how to get the best out of your support team at MySchool;
- Legacy custom PDF changes must be submitted with at least 30 working days of notice. Our aim is to deliver as soon as we can but last-minute requests can be incredibly disruptive and affect our ability to get your requests done on time. We, therefore, will not accept last-minute change requests. Please note that changes to the legacy custom reports (Grade reports, transcripts, invoices, and receipts) may incur a charge.
- Tasks such as data import, deletions, data cleaning, custom data reports, transfers and other ad hoc work may require a maximum of 30 working days. We hope this will be completed on a best effort basis and returned before then. In peak seasons, we will inform you of any delays.
- Change requests to default functionality will be logged on our ideas portal. This is a common platform for software providers to gather community feedback from all of their users. We strive to please everyone, but need everyone to give their feedback! Our product team monitor this channel regularly and organise our internal delivery pipeline based on this portal. This is why we ask for your cooperation and help to log your ideas, they are never ignored.
- Change requests to custom functionalities will be assessed on a case by case basis. If you have requested new features to be added to already delivered features and functionality, then this may incur a charge. Our product team will reach out and discuss your needs, create internal specifications, and plan delivery. Timelines will vary depending on the request.
- New functionality or features will be dealt with using the ideas portal as well. If you really need a new widget or feature, then our product team will reach out and discuss your needs, and provide you with an estimated cost and delivery time.
New to MySchool
Please note that support.msm.io is not the same as your school login page. Our support channel uses Zendesk.
You will have two passwords. One for your school, which you use for access to your school's system. The other is to access the MySchool support site support.msm.io. Both use your email as the login username, but the passwords are different. However, you can reset your passwords on both systems if you wish.
We are constantly working on improving our online knowledge base. You will probably find a quick answer to your issues here. if something is missing, then let the support team know.
Green boxes contain notes for administrators
Yellow boxes contain general tips and tricks
Our online support can be accessed directly from your MySchool system using the quick links toolbar.
Support ticket contributors
During the onboarding process, you will be asked for a list of key users. Normally we find that three is the ideal amount. This way we can concentrate our communications and reduce the amount of duplicated information being requested. Our support is designed to offer one to one training for super users, who can then pass this to their school staff and community internally.
It's not working!
We have designed MySchool to be adaptable to most school's needs. For many years we've built MySchool's functionality and features based on your feedback and requirements. However, we appreciate that sometimes things can break.
When you submit a ticket, we need you to provide us with all the details you have available. Screenshots, URLs, user IDs, dates, times and any actions you've taken.
Many of our requests are related to configuration or permissions. Our support team will outline the steps it has taken to resolve your issue to help you understand how to fix this in the future.
Although we build as much flexibility into MySchool as possible, sometimes functionality might not work the way you expected it to. Please give your feedback via our ideas platform. This will help us understand what to focus on for future releases of MySchool. Our product team is actively reading and responding to feature requests here. We will advise you in the support channel when your request is needed on AHA.
It really is not working!
When you tell us something is not working we will always treat it as urgent to identify the issue quickly. If it really is not working, we will give you an estimate on when we can rectify the issue. We always place these issues as top priority but also need your help to understand how the problem occurred. Please work with your support contact to make sure we have all the details right at the start.