EU webinar 16th Dec @ 13h00 UTC +1
join here: https://join.me/196-494-038
BC/America @ 10h00 PST
join here: https://join.me/799-139-208
The migration to the new system has brought about a big change in our development cycle. We can centrally manage change requests, and ensure all our users benefit from them. As always, your feedback is essential to our Product team so that we can provide you with the day to day tools you need.
NB: Please note the below releases are available on our default MySchool 1.8 platform, they do not apply to multi school instances.
1. We have added a new assignment status 'Show assignment with comments without grades'. This is available when creating new assignments.
2. Keep your students updated on new or modified assignments by sending them an email notification directly from the assignment creating page.
If you still need to transition to the new student portal page so that students can submit work and open discussion forums with their course Teacher, then please submit a ticket via support.
3. On the assignment grid view, you may have noticed a colour change. Active students are now in Blue , when clicking on their names, users are taken to an individual grid view for previous assignments. We have filtered withdrawn students to the bottom of the course list, and changed them to Red. You can still manually withdraw or add students in the participants tab of each assignment.
Note that the students will still show for that current assessment period, but will not be shown in subsequent terms.
The new admissions module was rolled out last year on MySchool 1.7, we have transitioned many schools to the new workflow and form builder module. Following some great feedback and use cases, we have continued to improve the functionality.
1. Delete past applications using the new MULTI DELETE option in the application list view. You can now export the list data to excel allowing users to build application analysis reports.
2. To enable users to create questionnaires and copy them across workflows, we have installed the clone option. Open an existing form and select 'CLONE'. Use this to create parallel workflows for different student types.
3. In the form builder, schools can now add the possibility for the guardians to be selected as invoice payers. Please note that the system can only allow one invoice payer attached to a student.
Use the help box tool tip when dragging the field into your form to clarify this with users.
4. We have also added the field 'marital status' to the student- demography section. This will automatically update the students legal tab with the information.
5. In the list view of the applicants, we have added a column showing whether the new applicant student already has siblings in the school. This can help with selection process.
For schools who use the dedicated mentor UI, you are now able to give them view access to student files. Files need to be uploaded to the student profile and the Mentor can now see them.
To help admins distinguish future and withdrawn students within their enrolment tab and course participants tab, we have added colour coding, where future students are in Green, and withdrawn students are in Red.
1. The same colour distinction is applied here to show withdrawn students as Red. Students who are shown in Blue, will have learning outcomes attached and these can be viewed in an individual grid view.
2. When subject specification is used, please note that any changes to the assessment criteria, will delete current assessment data within the grid view.
1. As each school may have renamed the attendance summary report, please note that the change applies to the page called new_attendance_report.php. When you have filtered a list of students, you can now select them and email either their guardians or the students themselves.
On a students timetable we were asked to show events that were created for the student. Previously these were restricted to the the author and the student, but if the user has access to the student timetable they should be able to see these additional appointments.
If you missed the webinar on the assessment report configuration tool, then check out the article here. Please note that we have sent a small questionnaire regarding Grade report publishing dates. We really appreciate your help in planning ahead.