For our BC Canadian community, MySchool can create PSR certificates (1704) for your students. For certain levels and schools using the assessment module, the grades will be populated for you. Following changes in 2021, we have adapted the template to align with the provincial ministry requirements stipulated in this bulletin.
The PSR template is created from various fields in the student's profile, assessment and attendance records. the final report can be downloaded via the TRAX module, administrators with TRAX administer permissions can access this page to produce the report for the whole school if needed. As the PDF's are generated immediately, large populations may take time to produce.
Here are the sections and the respective data points;
Legal/usual name - These use the information stored in the student particulars tab. The common name (usual) and legal name are used.
Gender - Student particulars tab
Birthdate - Student date of birth in the particulars tab
Birth country - Student particulars tab
P.E.N - Students BC tab
Medical alerts - When a condition is added to the student medical tab and the medical alert filed is enabled.
Legal alerts - In the student legal tab, this is activated when the field is enabled.
Initial entry from - Student BC tab
Verification (of age) - Student BC tab
Record of schooling
The record of schooling takes information from the student's enrolment tab. Choose to add from the existing entries or create a new one. The MIN code is added in the administer other schools page available to administrators in Administer/Advanced options. Once a school has been created it can be used across all other student profiles.
Create the school first and then save the profile, this will enable you to start adding courses and their grades.
- Choose the academic year from the dropdown.
- Choose the school and class level
- Enter attendance if appropriate and known.
The course lists are prepopulated with courses and their Trax codes for BC subjects K-12. The grade fields are all available on the official PSR report. For information about what you need to complete, then please refer to the Ministry guidelines.
Student other inclusions
As per the guidelines given in the official bulletin, this section is used for;
- Health services information as indicated by a medical alert
- Support services information (e.g., psychometric testing, speech and hearing tests, adjudication requirements for completing assessment activities)
- Court orders as indicated by the legal alert
- Other legal documents e.g., name change or immigration document
- Notification that a student is on an Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Notification that a student is registered as a Home Schooler
This section is a free entry field on the BC tab of the student. Enter the date and description, and include an end date if appropriate.
What about adding the grades from MySchool assessments
When the student is enrolled in MySchool, and you have added grades to their assessment build. The form will look for the primary grade field per subject and use the last term entry to populate the grade field. It can take any numerical grade (e.g. formula, assignment average, or grade) and assign a letter grade automatically based on the BC letter grading scale.
If no primary grade is detected the system will search for grades following these criteria:
1) Check to see if CRS/XAM has been assigned to the subject. It is possible to assign CRS/XAM to a subject without a valid TRAX code. This subject will then populate the TRAX grades grid for the student, and you can enter grades as you would for TRAX subjects.
2) If none of the baove are detected, the system will check the BC tab of the student and check to see if there is an entry in the Non TRAX level fields.