Points to note
We can only synchronise with the courses that have been selected in the LIS course.
The synchronisation is NOT automatic, it will happen once a day around 00h00 local server time
We can only synchronise numerical grades
The assignments created in Google classrooms are NOT editable in MySchool, and cannot be regraded
The full range of tools available in MySchool assignments cannot be synchronised with Google assignments (Submissions, Forums, Weighting, VLE etc)
How to set up the assignment synchronisation
1. Contact MySchool support unit with a new support request when you have completed the Google classroom synchronisation for courses and rosters. Our team will enable the assignment synchronisation
2. Go to assignment configuration
Choose the numerical grade you wish to use on Google. You should see an option to assign this to your imported Google assignments. Check the box to use the scale in Google. This would be the 0-100 default percentage numerical grade in most cases
3. On Google, Teachers have the options to create the below types of assignment.
- Assignment/Quiz assignment
- Short question
- Multiple question
Assignment and quiz assignments can only be mapped to one assignment type in MySchool.
The short question is the single answer option when selecting a question type in google
The Multiple question is the multiple option question type.
After you have provided us with the assignment types you wish to use in MySchool, we will activate the synchronisation. It may take some time for the initial synchronised grades to appear on MySchool.
4. If you use Topics in Google, then we can also include these in MySchool. You set the topic to be configurable by Teacher in subject management or assignment configuration.
5. For Google assignments, there are three status;
- Assign/Ask - This will set the MySchool assignment to published on the next synchronisation.
- Schedule - If a future date is entered, then this will be used in the Unpublished field on MySchool assignments.
- Save as draft - This only works on Google. We do not synchronise assignments that are set as draft.
6. The fields within Google assignments will match with the fields in MySchool assignments where possible. When creating an assignment, the following options are available in Google;
- All students - This allows users to edit the students within the assignment. This is the same as editing the student list in the assessment tab of the assignment.
- Points - This is related to the numeric scale chosen, and the Points assigned in the option tab of a created assignment.
- Due - This is the same as the Due date that is set within MySchool assignments.
- Topic - If the subject has been selected as Teacher configurable then this will create and synchronise on the MySchool assignment.
- Rubric - We cannot synchronise this information with Google.