We are continually improving our assessment report builder based on our community feedback. If you are still using legacy report cards, then please organise a meeting with your CRM to discuss your transition towards the new assessment build. Our development team will be concentrating on further improving this functionality with new formats and features.
We have added a new report section type called Pass Logic. This works only with assessments created in subject specifications, where a pass mark can be established for the all the subjects in the assessment report. It will check the primary assessment type, which must be set as a numeric grade to establish whether the student has achieved the target pass mark. There will only be one decision for the student based on the number of subjects set. It will be applied to all assessment terms.
If you only need this to be added to the final term, then you should configure a separate assessment report for the final decision term.
How to configure your primary assessment grade
The primary assessment grade is used in official regional reports (TRAX), to show on the assessment overview tab of the student, and for transcripts. Please note that you may need to build assessments per term. Contact our support team who will be able to advise you on the best build for your requirements.
The grade listed above is only available in the end of year assessment term, so will only be counted within that specific assessment term.
In the above example with a single grade being populated every term, then the pass logic will be calculated every term depending on the grade entry.
How to configure the pass logic settings
Go to the assessment report configuration screen, and open the section options. You will notice a new type 'Pass logic'. This can be added any where in the order. Lets look at the options:
1. Label - This will be shown as the section header on the report card. if you wish to describe the pass logic then use a static text field to explain in greater detail.
2. Number of allowed fails - The number of subjects that can have a grade underneath the set pass mark logic. The calculation is based on the total amount of subjects with a relevant numeric grade.
3. Pass mark - the required numeric grade needed for the subjects.
4. Pass/Fail text - This text will appear in green for the pass text or red for the fail text.
5. Pass/Override fields - These are used to store the information on the grade report, they are not connected to the assessment fields used in subject specifications.
6. Allow override - The decisions can also be manually entered on the review page of each student.
If you have any further suggestions for this feature then please use our ideas portal to connect with the product team in MySchool.
Show max scales out of
In the course grade section type of assessment reports, we have extended the possibility to show max out of scales for all numerical grade assessment types which are not a percentage (stated term grade and formulas).