The most regular requests are for integration with Google accounts. If you have another system, then please raise a ticket with our support/product team to confirm the possibilities.
Not all of your population would need to have this activated, most schools choose staff and students to have SSO enabled, whereas guardians can still sign in with normal MySchool login.
Here we will outline the steps for setting this up for your Gmail accounts:
- Send a ticket to our support team to inform them of the process, we will prepare and start works to activate from our end.
- On your Google administrator panel, then navigate to 'Apps'
- Click on the SAML Apps section
- Choose the plus icon in the bottom right hand corner
- Select 'Set up my own custom app'
- Download the GoogleIDPMetaData.XML
- Send this to our support team
Our back end team will add this to your MySchool instance, we will endeavour to get this done as soon as we can after reception. During busy reporting periods, then we will work with you to find a suitable timeline in order for us to complete.
- Upon confirmation from our team that this has been updated, you will need to go through the same steps as above.
- Click next after the XML page, you will be required to give a label to the App. (this is up to you). then next to confirm here.
- You need to set the ACS Url on google to be https://YOURSCHOOLINSTANCE.MSM.IO/SAML/Login-check (replace your school instance with the URL you use to login normally)
- The entity id needs to be set as https://YOURSCHOOLINSTANCE.MSM.IO/entity (again change yourschool instance with the URL you use to login)
- After these fields are complete, click next in the google app creator screens
- You will be asked to map attributes. Add new mapping if these are not showing., pleae copy these three fields exactly into your google console.
- Finish the google wizard, and enable it by clicking on the three dots in the top left hand corner. Select 'On for everyone'.
- Your staff and students should now be able to log into MySchool once they have logged into their google account via any browser.
If you wish to provide us with a redirect landing page for sessions that have been timed out, then please add this to the ticket. This will mean that instead of being redirected to the normal MySchool login page once a session has timed out, the users will be directed to your school website for example. If you have a custom page, then let us know the URL and we can help you with this. We are unable to design webpages for your schools at the moment.
Hybrid solution for login screen
We have also introduced the possibility to activate both SSO and default log in options when SSO is enabled on you system.
Students and staff can use their SSO login and guardians can choose the default MySchool account. Talk to you CSM about this. Ps: Don't forget that you can change your logo and background screen as well. Just contact our support team for guidance.