We are really excited here in MySchool, as we have achieved a major internal goal, which although you may not see the immediate impact, will bring great benefits for your MySchool platform. With the update, we have enhanced numerous technical parts of the system. This is now a spring board for some amazing new features that have been requested, and an integration platform that will allow us to plug into other School management software. More on the new synchronisation center will be released in the coming months.
We have designed a contact tracing page for our schools to be able to obtain information relating to a student and their potential contacts. The report needs a student to have attendance records up to date. If you would like to try the report then contact our support team to map this. We advise it should be mapped to high level user access (Super users or School administrator) as it will produce a report with contact details for a large number of your school users. enter the name of the student, date range and fetch the results on screen to see a list of potential contacts. These contacts are based on course attendance records which match the target students. if you wish to exclude students who were absent, then check the box 'Exclude Absent'.
Exporting the results is set to a conform report type for our Maltese community, we are unable to adapt the format, but it is on excel so this can be amended after export. The export will include personal contact details of the student and their relationships listed in their contact tab.
Rollover your assessments in one simple step
The ideas board is a great way for our community to communicate with the product team on functionality. We now have a solid road map for improvements and new modules based on the new updated infrastructure which was successfully implement this month. As part of the rollover process, schools must rollover their subject assessments. This was done by using the copy function to copy the assessment criteria from one target subject in the current year to apply these to multiple target subjects in the new scholastic year.
Now you can copy all subjects as they are in a few simple actions (this is only applicable for schools using the new assessment module)
- Go to subject specs and in the bottom right hand corner, you should see 'Bulk learning outcome update'. Open the list view.
- There is now an additional action button called 'Rollover'. This is used to copy all assessment types not just learning outcomes
- Open the tool and you see the same options as copy appearing.
Before doing anything, please double check that you have selected next year as the target year. Otherwise you will risk deleting assessments and grades within your current year.
- Select what you want to copy by unchecking the content to copy fields. If you leave the erase existing content, then it will delete any assessments that may have been set up in the target year. if you have added new assessments or learning outcomes in the future year already then uncheck these boxes and they will not be affected by the bulk copy.
- Select copy to finish the operation.
Have you rolled over yet?
Although rollover can be simple, it is best to start this process early, prepare the structure for next year will allow you to step back and make sure that your MySchool is providing you with the the correct attendance, assessments, and course/class enrolments for your school. Even after rollover, you can still tweak dates, and configurations, or even try out some different assessment types and reporting frequency. Once the school year starts things can get hectic quickly, so start your preparations as early as possible to avoid a last minute rush.
- The assignment grid headers were not centered, which has now been rectified.
- We improved the school directory legal note to add an international context.
- In the BC tab, the records of previous schooling were not aligning correctly, this has been improved. (BC)
- The assignment_guardian_view page had a small UI change to go with the new interface.
- We have adapted the course timetable tab screen to show the ad hoc lesson lines clearly on the new interface.
- Quick tool bar was not available on the iPhone with the upgrade. It is now accessible on all iPhones.
- Parent/student portals for archive class levels can now be activated.
- Classes were not showing on safari after the upgrade. This was rectified.
- Deleted courses still had assignments showing to students.
- Stopped the possibility of uploading images with 0bytes.
- The completion status on the review page included courses that weren’t in the selected term. This has now been improved so that only active courses in the selected term show.
- Permission slip notification will now only be sent to other guardians attached to the student. This will now show as an automated message.
- Removed the UI option “Capture teacher comment” when uploading LOs as there was no functionality. We will re-add this when functionality is added to this feature.
- In the new events module, when updating the description of a logistic row, the date start/end fields stop working.
- Attendance administration page has been adapted to the new interface.
- Access management had a bug with the label field.
- Special characters in a users name were showing incorrectly in quick actions (Impersonate).
- Assess grid aligning issue due to text in assessment label.
- PDF version of questionnaire was showing incorrect data.
- School names in the switch slide over were all in lower case for multi school instances.