The team has been working on some new improvements and internal updates. Here is a list of some of our improvements released at the end of September.
New attendance dashlet for Teachers
We have created a new dashlet which is a personalised version of the attendance audit for course Teachers. If your educators are assigned to a course and the timetable is set up for roll call, then this information will show on a handy dashlet on their overview screen. Clicking on the link will take them to the respective course Take attendance page. Once all students have attendance, the course will be removed from the dashlet. The educators must have access to course attendance in order to view the information.
Top tip: If you need up to date attendance reports at key periods during the year (e.g. ES audit for BC, or grant allowance). Make sure you run a weekly attendance audit from the start. Schedule this as a weekly appointment in your My Schedule. It is easier to manage small chunks of attendance data, rather than for a full year.
New event management improvements
For schools who have the enterprise version of MySchool, and are using the new event management module, we have added an export button for each of the transport requests. The export to excel will provide the participants, and a contact number.
Due to custom requests from our higher education community, we have added a graduation tab to the programme builder. This tab is used to control transcripts and custom certificates.
The contact tracing custom report has now been updated to include all siblings, and show all main guardian details. Contact our support team if you would like us to add this to your MySchool system for the coming year.
European network schools
it is now possible to upload a jpeg signature to be included in custom assessment reports. The head of school can upload a jpeg signature file to their profile. This jpeg will be applied to the head of school box, by confirming the details in the grade report configuration screen.
Top tip: Add the publication dates here as well if you know them in advance. These are shown on all custom European network assessment reports.
Due to changes on the Google admin panel, we have changed the instructions and integration path for SSO and classrooms. The article has been updated with new information.
- Removed custom email for attendance from network school system. (Malta)
- Added further details to a system report for one school (Malta)
- Removed and adapted legacy custom module behaviour to confirm household details. (Malta)
- Added ical download for a school to download MySchool schedule to google. (BC)
- Removed old archived terms from a school system
- Work was carried out on the assessment sections and how these were carried across to our default assessment report. Duplicate entries were removed.
- Donation campaign letter printing options were not working, this was corrected and now the letter is available in PDF print format.
- An update on the VLE resource page now allows students to be removed from the assignment creation list.
- Users noticed a minor spelling mistake in the IEP module, which was amended. Also work on the new UI was made to improve certain features.
- On the Teacher assignment dashlet, the URL was changed to use the new assignment edit page rather than the legacy one.
- Further work was carried out on the course resource page for VLE to match new UI look.
- Various work was taken out on PDF report print function as which needed repairing after an update.
- Improvements to the system year change were actioned to improve reactivity.
- Rectified a bug where schools could not create student PDF files for printing.
- Added custom acceptance letter to network school system. (Malta).
- Custom Europass certificate changed for network school. (Malta).
- The parent day guardian page was not adapted to the new UI, this was styled accordingly for scroll options.
- Update to consent mangement for custom network school configuration, this was changed accordingly. (EUR)