With the new year underway, we have been busy preparing various improvements across the system. In line with the upgrade, performance and server management has been a priority for the team.
We have added further options to the bulk actions within the subject management list view. You can now add the grade scales to subjects from here. This helps schools configure class level subjects in a few simple clicks.
Filter the subjects by class level, then either select all subjects or choose individually. Open the more options and we have added grade scales, and remove grade scales. Once selected a slide over will appear which allows you to add your scales which have been set up in assignment configuration page.
Based on community feedback, more and more schools are using the Passport/ID field found within the particulars tab on student and user profiles. To make super search more powerful, we have added this as a search parameter for active users within your MySchool system.
The mass edit tool which is available for super users to bulk update student, guardian, and user details in one single page has been improved to include the force SSO field. This facilitates access settings for schools who have moved towards a SAML solution for login.
Top tip: Dont forget you can choose to have a hybrid solution whereby students and staff choose your SSO access, and other users would be able to log in as usual with their MySchool accounts. Contact your CSM to discuss the possibilities available.
Multi school attendance
For our network schools we have adapted certain system attendance reports to be school specific. So these will not pull from the whole student record but isolated to the school in which the student is currently enrolled.
IEP parent portal report
As a minor enhancement, whilst the module is waiting for a wholescale change, we have added the school logo to the IEP report when printing an from an individual student IEP.
When opening an account from the balance page in the finance module, we have added the financial dependants attached to the invoice paying guardian to appear on this page. Clicking on their name will give the user access to their student profile.
Improved programme builder
We have some more options for the automated emails that are sent when applicants have their statuses changed. These are available in Edit statuses, export tags field.
We have also enhanced ad hoc lesson creation in the modules. If the lesson is booked in a room, then a validation query will check to see if the room is available, and whether or not you still wish to continue with the double booking.
We are currently working on a 1701 improvement. We had noticed from legacy code that some students did not have a Postcode on their 1701 records. This was looking for a designated invoice payer to be selected. Although this is temporary workaround, we will work to amend this behaviour in future releases.
In our continued drive to improve MySchool reports, we are opening up more and more possibilities for quick reports. The latest addition is for the student filter and in the course export. You can now export the courses to which the students have roll call selected. We also included all relationship types that are available in the student/guardian contact table to be included for export.
Minor improvements and fix list;
- Teacher class enrolment could not be removed from the user profile. This was changed to allow this behaviour. Please note that removing the class teacher will remove their secuirty context, and reduce this to a minimum staff access level.
- Some minor problems were encountered as behaviour events could not be viewed by all users with correct rights. This was changed to match permissions set in the user groups.
- Improvements were made to the assignment grade grid colour codes. it was noted that submission status codes were not populating the grade grid correctly. This was fixed.
- Guardians who had access to course_diary_for_parents.php were experiencing some UI problems for entries. this was corrected and now the list populates correctly per course.
- Further padding was added to the assignment_student-view.php to improve the visibility for guardians.
- My courses view for both mentors and guardians was not showing correctly. This has now been improved for both views.
- Debit notes were wrongly being calculated within the finance module. These have now been reworked to calculate correctly when applied to an account.
- Integration enhancement project was prepared for live release for a network school.(MLT)
- Restoration of data for various schools was undertaken by the development team. This caused back log to occur in other channels. (MLT)
- Ical functionality was not being carried across default and custom pages. This was addressed and now when activated should show on all calendar pages.
- A fix was introduced to remove archive class levels from term management as they do not need to have terms attached.
- Changed functionality for the year management dates. The UI will prompt users when setting the dates that they overlap with previous years.
- Behaviour events list was not populating with students for certain Teacher roles. This was addressed, and now course/class Teachers can see their students event details.
- An update was made to the events module, whereby guardians could not see planned events on their Event calendar. This was fixed and they can see planned events.
- Recent changes and additional fields added to programme builder were not functioning as planned. These were fixed and are working as designed.
- The new attendance dashlet showing non completed attendance was not referenced to admin updates. This was changed to include both attendance take and admin update statuses.
- The automated messages created when sending permission slips encountered problems when editing from draft. This was fixed to send as designed.
- A minor UI tweak was made to move the quick action toolbar. This was blocking certain functionality buttons on a few pages.
- Amendments were made to the import tool, as the exit button was not working as expected.
- Super search was improved so that no characters would show after the first search.
- Attendance audit was not working for network multi school. This was repaired and is working as expected. (EU)
- Custom work on SMS messages was carried out for a network school. (MT)
- New custom templates were introduced for network school. (MT)
- New features implemented for network school were implemented to live. This was a change to programme builder. (MT)