The team has been working on some general improvements and fixes and some important changes to our default assessment module. If you are preparing for your first assessment period or need to rethink your assessments post lockdown, then we encourage you to start early. Organise a call with our CSM's to kick start your project now.
Behaviour points change
We have made a small update to the behaviour points system. It will accept either a numerical value or a blank entry for each type. If left blank then N/A will show in it's place.
Changes to the default assessment report
On the default report template, we have added a new field allowing schools to override the class label, which shows under the students name. This can be also replaced using certain replacement tags (fields that pull information from a student profile). Use it for cohort distinction, stream selection or main subject allocation.
We have also added the option in the attendance section to calculate attendance from specific subject categories. This can be used to exclude non core courses from the calculation or restrict to one subject category.
Numerical learning outcomes
We have now added two new features to the default assessment report. With the course grades assessment type, you will find an option to show the numeric out of value. Now it is possible to sum the points together to provide a numerical total of these scores.
The learning outcomes must use an achievement scale. You can build an achievement scale in assignment configuration using numbers as labels. The calculation will be based on the points accorded to the scale.
Student consents are located in the legal tab of the student profile. The information can be collected via questionnaires, which allows the guardians to directly update and approve from their guardian portal.
To make this easier for super users and administrators, we have added a mass edit button to the student profile. Select the consents to the left, then Multi-update. A slide over will appear asking for the consent status.
We have now added the possibility for you export this information via quick reports. The user consents are configured in consent management, and editable in the users employment tab.
Import assessment contributions
A newly introduced functionality which allows schools to upload like for like assessments from other sources has been improved to allow import at both subject and course level. The school must have a valid assessment build in MySchool subject specifications. The grade scales used in the import must match those in MySchool.
System default mail from
During onboarding, your CSM should ask if you have a generic contact email address that you would like to use for outgoing announcements. This mail will be used as the sender mail for system generated notifications and messages. If you do not have a generic mail, then the system will use firstname.lastname@example.org for new systems. We have multiple requests to reset blocked email accounts as all users should be asked to add this email address to their trusted senders lists within their own email inbox.
Minor issues and project/network school tasks
- Schools not using the SMS feature will no longer have SMS pop up. a system setting is available via the support channel.
- Recent i-cal work now has been included in the system settings. it can be enabled/disabled via support depending on the schools requirements.
- Updated custom report for school (MLT)
- Minor data clear ups for independent and network project schools (EU/MLT/CA)
- Work carried out on attendance records which were set to class attendance. All systems using this option were affected.
- Multiple data audits were carried out for network school (ES).
- One roster/SDS problems with user names not being added to profiles. This was resolved for network school (MT).
- Help text info box on admissions module was fixed to show info bubble.
- Legacy id import completed for network school (ES)
- Reworked historic calculations on network school custom grade report (ES)
- 1701 form change to pick up main guardian post code for the PSR report (BC)
- Improvements to pop up warnings in the UI for new events module. Reduced the number of times they appeared.
- Emergency contact report was improved to paginate correctly.
- Fixed an issue where inactive students were populating certain people picker functions. (MLT)
- Changes were made to how withdrawn students were being shown on the assignment grade grid, but not in the assessment tab of the assignment.
- Repaired an issue in the admissions form builder. Schools previously attended did not communicate with the students profile.
- Changes were made on the timetable view as consecutive lessons were not not showing correctly.
- Further changes made to room booking behaviour for network institute (MLT)
- Updates were made to the assessment template replacement tags to include non gender pronouns.
- Repaired an issue in quick reports where exclude nationality options were not working as expected.
- The preview feature in the Teacher view for course resources was not showing future published content. This was fixed to represent the student view of content.
- Custom student module designed for network school (MLT)
- Improvements to the course diary print functionality were added in terms of formatting and presentation.
- The enquiry form had an issue when the application year was not in date order, this was improved to show correctly.
- Users who were made active donors, now have the correct context shown under their name on their profiles. This should also work in super search.
- Super search student photos were improved to resize correctly when hovering over the search results.
- Integration of google classrooms for a single school. Support and development works.(MLT)
- System improvement to no longer allow .exe files to be uploaded onto Myschool systems.