MySchool has an internal and browser-based notification module. The module is available to our enterprise and network clients. Administrators choose which notifications are pushed to the users, and the users can decide which notifications they wish to subscribe to. This will be in-app and in-browser notifications with emails. Let's have a look at this great new feature for your MySchool community.
Once activated by our support team, a bell icon will appear in the Quick action toolbar. The number will indicate the number of unread notifications.
How to set up notifications on the user browser
All your users who wish to receive notifications must check their own browser settings to make sure they have accepted notifications from your school's MySchool URL.
Please make sure you ask your users to confirm these settings before raising an issue with support.
Administrators have access to the school notifications configuration panel, we will map this and make it available for super users. The super users can configure the following settings ;
- Activate the notification after an action (e.g. When an announcement has been published).
- Default subscription status for new users.
- Mass subscribe/unsubscribe for active users.
- Configure the discreet message (Push notification to browser).
- Configure the personalised message (UI) for the notification.
- Determine which user groups can access the configuration panel.
Notifications can be created for the following events or categories.
- When a user has been included in the target audience of a notification that has been sent.
- Both students and guardians can receive notifications for behavioural events.
- Super users can choose a distribution group for the behaviour notifications.
- When an invoice has been created and published, a notification will be sent to the invoice payer attached to the student.
- Guardians receive a notification when an attendance record is updated for their dependent students.
- New feature: The same notification is to be made available for students.
- Students and guardians will be notified of the following events:
- New assignment published
- Assignment graded
- Assignment comment added by Educator
- Students and guardians will be notified when a grade report has been published.
Change the text of the notification
Inside of each notification, you can change the text of the discreet message (MySchool instance), and personalised message template (email).
The default messages are simple and non-personalised, but you can style these to your own school's needs. If you wish to add a replacement tag, click on the drop-down arrow at the end of the field and select to add these to the sentence. The notification will show the exact order of the template field. So think about the length and the impact of the message.
Top tip: If you want to make a phrase bold then add 2 asterisks before and after the word, or before the replacement tag brackets **[[WORD]]**.
Summary and checkpoints
- Decide which notifications you would like to enable on your system.
- Create the templates or use the default text. Don't forget to check out the replacement tags to personalise the message.
- Determine the new user subscription status (Users can individually unsubscribe if they wish).
- Hit subscribe all users to automatically subscribe them in the notifications.
- Make sure you have given them instructions on how to check the notification status on their browser, and also how to unsubscribe or manage their personal notification subscriptions.
Why not share this article with your community before going live?
Please sign in to leave a comment.