Some great new additions to the MySchool platform have been prepared and released towards the end of February. Let's go through some of the new features.
Quiz added to course resources
We have added a new resource type to our VLE module. Educators can create quizzes for their students to reply using the My Courses dashlet designed for VLE content. The online resources are not just for distance learning and can be used in a hybrid classroom scenario. Contact your CSM via the support channel to set up the pages for your users of the course resource module.
Course resources is a really powerful tool, which can be used as an aide to in-class education as well as distance learning. Talk to your CRM on how Educators can create lesson plans for the year, rollover assignments and topics using subject specifications, and how students can interact with the resources using their MySchool student portal.
PSR changes (BC marketplace)
We are currently working with our BC community to improve the reporting tools available for IEP, PSR and TRAX. As a first step, we have added the possibility to create historic courses from other schools to be used on the PSR. In the BC tab, select a school from the drop-down options. You have to save the profile first to validate the entry. Return to Edit mode, and there is a new line that will appear, asking you to enter the courses and their respective grades. Each field is available on the PSR report PDF. They are not mandatory and we would ask you to seek advice from the local ministry as to what your school needs to report on this form.
We have improved the logic in the holiday management module to show holidays following outside of the academic year set in year management. They will show as attached to the previous years holidays when filtered.
The great report building tool available within MySchool data reports has had the mother and father passport/id fields added to the export list. Equally, when all guardians are selected as an export we have added the MSM user id and address line 3 to show on the export.
With the new feature of attachments within My Calendar/Schedule events, we have added the possibility for event participants to download the attachment directly from the email sent to notify the attendees. It will also be available for all attendees of the event.
We have increased the max number of students (200) that can be updated using the multi update tool within administrative updates for attendance.
User group change
Previously, we had a permission in user groups that allowed users to access profiles across schools and school levels, regardless of context. It also gave super key users access to students not attached to any active class. This was labelled 'User Security - Override'. This was both view an edit permission. The change now allows for both view and edit rights to be set independently. We ran a migration to retain the same access for users, as it was before.
Questionnaires can now be copied across schools if you have a multi-school system in MySchool.
Attendance enrolment audit
We have created a new tool for the attendance module. it is designed for administrators to remove erroneous attendance records that may have been entered outside of the student's class enrolment dates. In the case that the Educators have entered 'Absent' but in fact, the student is in the process of being withdrawn from the school at another level. these attendance records can affect reports and official submissions. The tool will check the withdrawn date and administrators can delete attendance records by selecting the delete button.
Please note, this is a powerful tool and administrators should double-check before deleting attendance records. We also advise schools to not take attendance for future sessions.
Talk to your CSM if you would like us to add this to your MySchool system.
Access for students and guardians in archive school levels
Following community feedback, we have activated the access rights for students and their guardians who are enrolled in the archived school level (notably graduated and not processed). These users can continue to access the portal as long as the student remains in one of the associated classes within this level. Our support team can activate this quickly, so please open a request via the support channel.
This is a great way for new arrivals to engage with the platform whilst going through the application process, and also for graduates to access information after leaving. You can also communicate with these groups using announcements, and build your alumni community.
Minor issues and changes listed;
- Changes were made to the contract tracing report to include absence status from class attendance.
- An issue was fixed as the assess grid did not show the is exam terms correctly. This was repaired.
- Custom tax rebate form was amended due to an error being introduced.
- An issue was resolved with the room management double booking checker.
- A problem was noted with the UI when adding an appointment to the schedule.
- Source fields were not being copied in subject specifications. This was altered so that they would copy if the terms were the same for each target subject.
- The password reset page was not showing correctly on mobile and smaller screens, we have improved this to work across the most popular and common device screen sizes.
- Repaired a custom certificate PDF for a network client (MT).
- An adjustment was made to a legacy transcript report.
- Changed a term label for a single school and started to build a term label editor function.
- Implemented further changes to network school custom report. (MT)
- Removed a message template, and changed behaviour to allow these to be deleted via the UI.
- Amendments made to a single school invoice PDF.
- Reworked curriculum synchronisation pages to push newly introduced assessment sections as well. Used by network schools. (MT)
- Problem resolved with comments on the review page.
- People picker was repaired due to an error when selecting students.
- Improvements made to attendance report to extract all relevant attendance data.
- Changes made to custom account page for network school. (MT)
- Additions made to custom tax rebate fee structure for schools.
- Fixed an issue with the find a free student report.
- Improved and repaired the rollover tool.
- Repaired a flaw whereby withdrawn students were no longer showing on the review class lists. Also included these students in the contribution lists.
- Changes made to legacy assessment build and report.
- Errors were noticed in the consent management module when labels were updated. This has been repaired.
Note as well that push notifications are available for customers on the enterprise contract level. Talk to your CSM for information regarding the contract pricing and notification module.