Some members of our community have admissions running through Open Apply. This is a bespoke CRM system for admissions and prospects. With the new sync centre, we can pull information from Open Apply so that your student and guardian information is updated. It is slightly different to the other syncs offered as there is no automatic action on a daily basis and the sync must be actioned manually when required.
How can we set up the sync?
Firstly, you will need the sync centre feature to be added to your MySchool instance. Contact our support team to add this.
On the first page which is a list view, click create sync and find Manage Bac in the list. Open this newly created sync.
In the configuration panel, you will need to fill out the mandatory fields.
- Add a name to the sync so that this will appear in the list view.
- The push data filter is not used and should be left blank
- Select the school, if you are running a multi-school system then you will need to create a sync per school.
- The open apply endpoint is the URL of your open apply instance.
- The client ID and client secret key are available on Open apply. Please contact their support unit for help finding this.
- The sync needs to be attached to an academic year in MySchool. The student applicants will be added to that year. The sync will need to be edited each year after rollover.
Once the fields are correctly filled out, then test the sync to make sure you are connected.
Configuring the details
With Open Apply we can only pull data from their system. In certain cases, it can only be mapped to existing entities in MySchool, whereas with parents and students, it can be set to auto-create if missing in MySchool.
- Class > Grade; This entity can only be mapped, open the not found in MySchool red column and map the appropriate found grade in open apply to an appropriate class in MySchool. You can use the not processed class or create a new one in the registration school level. Once mapped this should show in the blue column.
- Gender > Gender; Map the genders by opening the red column and mapping like for like.
- Relationship type> Relationship type; Again link like for like by opening the red column, and mapping accordingly. Once mapped these entities will be found in the blue column.
- Parent>Parent; You must activate this sync, select Open Apply -> MySchool in the sync direction column. You can choose if Open Apply should automatically create these profiles in MySchool or wait for individual instructions set in the red not found column.
- Student>Student; Same as with parents, choose Open Apply -> Myschool as the sync direction. If you would like Open Apply to create the profiles then enable auto create. If there are errors these will populate the red column and can be dealt with individually.
What information is linked in the sync of profiles?
Here is the list of the fields that are linked when creating/syncing the profiles from Open Apply > MySchool.
field_mapping: (Myschool -> Target)
student_user_id > student_id
student_primary_email_address > email
student_legal_first_name > first_name
student_legal_last_name > last_name
student_common_full_name > preferred_name
student_date_of_birth > birth_date
student_gender > gender *
student_joining_date > enrollment_year
student_address_line_one > address
student_address_city > city
student_address_state > state
student_address_post_code > postal_code
student_address_country > country
Student_class_level > grade
student_passport/id > passport_id
student_profile_photo > profile_photo
student_guardian_id > parent_id
field_mapping: (Myschool -> Target)
guardian_user_id > id
guardian_legal_first_name > first_name
guardian_legal_last_name > last_name
guardian_gender > gender *
guardian_address_line_one > home_street_address_one
guardian_address_line_two > home_street_address_two
guardian_address_city > city
guardian_address_state > state
guardian_address_post_code > postal_code
guardian_address_country > country
guardian_primary_email_address > email
guardian_relationship_type > parent_role **
guardian_profile_picture > profile_photo
Super users must note that in the case of Open Apply synchronisation, then Myschool is no longer the source for profile information. If anomalies are found, you can unlink individual entities, or deactivate the sync. Errors must be resolved on Open Apply.