MySchool staff attendance is designed to track and replace educators who have been assigned to a specific course. It is available in the core SIS package and can be used by all our community.
The permissions are separate from the student attendance model. These are assigned by default to Super Users and the administrator's user groups.
The module also includes a simple Excel export showing Teacher occupation during a single day period. This will be available in advanced options.
What's in the module?
- Take Staff Attendance: Light attendance register for scheduled course educators to be marked absent, allowing for finding a replacement to schedule colleagues.
- Find Replacement: This quick and easy tool is used to find non-scheduled course teachers to fill in for colleagues who are unable to take a specific course lesson.
- Staff Attendance Report: Produces a report with absent staff.
Take Staff Attendance
Please note that staff attendance is designed to find a replacement primarily.
Enter an absent status against the staff member
- Use the staff search field to find the absent Educator. Select from the drop-down fields shown.
- Enter the dates predicted for the staff member. Use the preset ranges if a long-term replacement is needed.
- Hit fetch and a list of all scheduled roll courses will be shown. The options are based on the administrative update page used for student attendance.
- You can set the statuses individually by choosing from the drop-down options. Save the updates afterwards.
- Equally, you can use the multi-update option, to assign a status to all periods shown.
This option allows you to schedule and book a replacement Teacher for the scheduled periods. To find staff members, normal schools must uncheck the below field to enable replacement suggestions to be available.
For European schools and the AES network, the staff replacement module works from the course language fields and Educator languages. It will check these fields and provide only suitable staff members who can speak the course language.
Enter the details to show the timetables
- Enter the absent Educator into the Teacher search field and set the date range, please note this is only applicable for 7-day periods.
- MySchool will show their timetables across the different class levels to which they are as attached as a course Teacher.
The legend is explained underneath the timetables.
- Blue - No attendance taken, Teacher classed as present by default
- Orange - Teacher marked as absent, and no replacement found
- Green - Replacement confirmed
Find a replacement
Open the staff options by clicking on the magnifying glass icon in an orange cell.
A pop-up will appear and show the current course teachers available within your institute. The number shows the count of replacement sessions noted during the year.
Use the calendar icon to book the Teacher and set an event in their MySchedule.
The assigned Teacher will have an event scheduled in their timetable, they will also receive an email with the period and course details.
Will the replacement be assigned as a course Teacher?
No, the system will create an event, but the replacement Teacher will not have access to Take attendance or create assignments. You would need to add them as the secondary course Teacher if they need access to these features.
Staff Attendance report
There are two report option types. An overview will give a simple table view of absent Teachers. Click on the count to see details of the absence. The detailed view will list all users and give a more detailed readout.