When you open the configuration panel, our latest modules give you quick access to be able to give permissions to your user groups directly from the module itself.
Security and notifications
Open the slide over and the options are shown. For the first phase there are no notifications connected to IEPs, so let's look at the security options.
This will give access to the IEP configuration panel. We would advise that this is restricted to a small group of controllers or administrators. The options are simply Yes/No.
Each will have the same options depending on the user group membership
This allows users to create and edit IEPs in the new module. So access is granted to all parts of the configured IEP and created in accordance with their security context. There are various access levels.
- No - Not able to edit or create
- Restrict to security context - Users normally in fixed member groups would have this set. It will allow them to create IEPs for all students who are enrolled within the school levels set in the user group membership tab.
- Restrict to school levels of classes/courses taught - Used for class/course Teachers giving them access to all students within their school level. So if a Teacher is a primary school level, then they can create for all students within the attached class levels.
- Restrict to courses/classes taught - This will restrict to only the students in the Teacher's appropriate classes and courses.
- A student that the person is LSE/Mentor for - The user must have a student assigned to them as a mentor.
- All - Ignores security context and allows users to view all IEPs created within the system.