Like all software, trying a new configuration on existing data, within your live system, can sometimes be a a challenge even for experienced users.
Already available as part of our enterprise package, we are now able to provide a sandbox version of your MySchool instance for communicate customers as well.
This will come at a small extra charge per student, approximately 2Eur per student per year. Contact your CSM for more information on this.
Our schools can request this at any time during their contract period, and we will charge pro rata until renewal. At renewal this will be added to your normal contract pricing.
Why do we need a test site?
There are many reasons to have a test site but here are just a few to start with
- Encouraging users to engage with the system is still a challenge we all face. With the test site, you can open guardian/student portals to a small test group and work on feedback before applying the settings to the rest of the population.
- Changing long standing assessment strategies may provoke push back from internal and external stakeholders. Set up case studies on the test site to showcase new ways to assess and monitor student progress. Use the test site to train internal users on new modules.
- Security access is a cornerstone of the MySchool product, try out different user group access rights on the sandbox site before going live.
- Want to implement a new admissions process? Then try it out on the sand box before going live.
- Scheduling and term management can be challenge and getting the right mix for your school may not always be the case straight out of the box. Try new period configurations to see if they work with for your timetable and attendance needs. Implement new assessment periods to manage grade reports and transcripts, test smaller regular progress updates rather than half yearly/annual cumbersome report cards. How do these fit with the guardians, and your Education team?
What do we get ?
We are offering a site which would be a copy of your existing MySchool instance, and would be synchronised once per quarter on request. We are unable to activate communications on this version, but you can still try use the announcement module to test those newsletter templates. Just post them to the portal instead.
We would provide your super users with password access which is different to your live instance. Access would be managed by the schools themselves following this.
No SSO functionality would be available on the sandbox version.
If you are interested in discussing this further then contact our support team to start the process.