As with any management Information system, the data is key. Starting your MySchool instance with the right data, and in the correct format, will make tasks easier, when the system goes live.
How to access
We have an import tool for your new data to be imported quickly and easily. Go to Administer, in the Advanced options, and find Import. If this is not available, then contact our support team.
During the On boarding process you will be provided with a URL link to the import page.
Click the Import button to have an explanation of the data fields which are connected to these imports. You can download the import xl template. Do not change the column headings. The columns which are red are mandatory.
The steps that are required are fairly simple, but some preparation is needed.
Steps for a successful import
- Look at the headings and the data fields available. Have a look at the following article to determine what data you have and what can be imported. If there is a data field missing, then we can look to adding this as a custom field.
- If you have any missing data, now is the time to collect it, or plan to collect it with the Questionnaire function.
- Keep your data conform. If you use Address line 1 for the number of the Appt/House, then address line 2 for the street name, then make sure you stick to this rule.
- If you use another Management Information System, then each user may have an external system ID, we can use this to help match records and enrolment data.
- If you don't need all the data fields then make the decision to stop populating the fields before importing.
Important: During this process, users must not update any information in MySchool until you’ve signed off the import. Any corrective imports will overwrite the changes. Once the import process is complete and signed off, edits and changes can be made to the live data only.