Nearing the end of the first semester for 23/24, our team has been busy with key updates including payment options for your admissions workflow, searchable user groups in the people picker, and many more. Here is a full list of improvements and fixes for 2024;
Online payments for your admissions process
Want to take your admissions to the next level and add online payments to your admissions workflow? Using our new finance module, you can add an online payment step for your new applicants. We are able to integrate with Stripe and Pay simple as online providers.
You will need to have a valid account with one of these providers in order to start collecting fees via the parent portal. You can set up your integration using the finance configuration page. On your admissions workflow, you can now add a payment step for your chosen provider.
Once the 'Add payment' step is included, you need to add an account from your pre configured list. You then need to add a fee amount in both fields.
Your users will be directed to the online payment screen when they are moved to the payment step.
Contact your CSM for further details and assistance in adding this to your workflow.
Searchable user groups using people picker
Our people picker is a great tool to be able to select detailed audiences. One quick tip is to use the search field to select groups or individuals. Enter the first three letters of the name and then refine accordingly. This has now been improved to search distribution groups as well.
Users must have the permission 'View groups' set to ALL for these to appear.
Term label override for compact grade reports
If you chose to create a compact report for your assessment needs. You can now override the system term labels to show on your grade table. In the compact report assessment type, you will see some new fields allowing for a text override. The system will check to see which terms the report has been assigned to and provide an override field. If you do not wish to change the labels then you can leave them blank.
Comment templates available for multiple subjects
When creating new templates, users can now share these across multiple subjects instead of creating individual ones. This allows for conformity across grade levels and improves the user experience. Schools are able to provide an official template for comments if required.
SMS text messages can no longer be sent to Singaporean numbers
Due to restrictions imposed, we are no longer able to send messages to numbers starting with +65 country code. A message will appear informing users that a number with this code has been detected but no message sent.
Here is a comprehensive list of changes, fixes and minor updates;
- System - IEP alert icon now appears on My Courses when using the new IEP module.
- School (BC) - Data fix for a school in their application workflow.
- System - Guardians can now mark tasks and assignments as read using the My Courses dashlet. This information will synchronise with the student version of the dashlet.
- System - Repaired a problem where users could not set the assess grid to complete for a student. resolved an issue attached which affected Learning outcomes not being selectable as well.
- System - The incomplete attendance dashlet was not showing lessons across the system. This was repaired and will show all courses to which the user is attached and where attendance has not been updated for the day.
- System - Resolved an issue where setting an event in My Schedule did not respect the room double booking setting. It is now possible to double book a room for an event or meeting if the room has been enabled to do so.
- System - Fixed the incomplete student attendance dashlet as it was ignoring the last day of the current term. This is now included and shows students set as absent.
- System - Resolved an issue which stopped import from completing and validating correct data.
- System - Improved review page when time travelling. It will now select the first term in the year. This was causing confusion for users.
- System - It is now possible to exclude contacts when creating a household. We have introduced a null value to the drop down option.
- System - Problem with legal consents not saving correctly for students in non active class levels. This is now updated and they will be saved correctly in both active and non active levels.
- System - Hyper links were not showing as active when added to message editor notifications.
- System - Resolved a problem where LO imports where creating a duplicate folder when class level was selected.
- School (BC) - Resolved an issue with corrupt user profile data.
- Project (MT) - Fixed an issue with a custom module which was not populating with active programs in the create engagement screen.
- School (BC) - Report comment templates were not showing for Teachers. The problem was resolved and when set to public the comments were available for all users.
- Project (MT) - Introduced negative grading to the assess grid.
- System - Announcement statistics were not calculating correctly. This was fixed to show correct count.
- School (NA) - Resolved an issue for legacy transcripts which did not show historic grades due to change requests.
- School (ES) - Mass edit would not allow for mass update of staff consents. The behaviour was changed and the error fixed.
- System - Room management schedule showed rooms as booked during a set holiday break. The behaviour was aligned with My Schedule, and if a holiday cancels lessons then, the booking will no longer show on room management.
- School (BC) - Fixed a data error when editing a donor profile.
- System - When updating an event in room management, this caused the event to disappear from the schedule. This was resolved.
- Project (ES) - An issue was noted on legacy grade reports which did not translate correctly when downloaded. This was fixed.
- Project (MT) - Resolved an error where user bypassed payment request due to duplicate applications.
- System - Added a people picker to the create donation page.
- System - Improved the import function to ignore deleted or non imported lines, and proceed to import.
- System - Locker numbers were added to student mass edit options.
- School (BC) - Was unable to delete a room booking when the creator removed themselves as an invitee. MySchool support staff can remove these if needed, as well as the event creator.
- System - Fixed an issue with the medical certificate page which had missing field labels.
- Project (ES) - Updated a custom contact detail page that was allowing for non valid emails to entered and stored in the secondary email field.
- School (MT) - work was carried out to create legacy DQSE grades in current system.
- School (MT) - Changed legacy finance invoice template. School due for migration to new version summer 2024.
- School (NA) - Works carried out on transcript set up.
- System - Improved the ordering of continuous assessment learning outcomes to respect the order as shown on subject specifications.
- Project (MT) - A pop up on custom programme builder no longer requested whether students should be enrolled in the programme when being enrolled in the programme attached.
- Project (MT) - Resolved an issue with a custom attendance report which stopped working for large class sizes.
- School (BC) - Message editor was not correctly picking up replacement tags in numerous situations. This was fixed.
- School (BC) - Quick reports was exporting blank lines on excel. The data was fixed and issue resolved.
- System - When printing Teacher and staff (User list) nothing was exported on PDF. This was fixed.
- Project (MT) - Resolved an issue where attendance % was not populating the assess grid as expected.
- School (BC) - When saving an admissions workflow from admin view, this caused user primary email to be removed from profile. The error was fixed and admin workflow resolved.
- System - Improved notifications that will stop users deleting an IEP objective if it has already been used.
- System - Resolved an issue with quick report exclude nationalities filter not being taken into account.
- Project (MT) - Error when users needed to reset passwords on login screen. This was fixed.
- Project (MT) - A problem occurred where students who were graduated, received behaviour events from the system. The bug was fixed and behaviour restored.
- Sprint 204